Freedom is accelerated thanks to your 3-pronged approach to reap the benefits:
1) A safe forum where others share your challenges as a caregiver. We reveal what works, what hasn't worked, and how you can turn it all around. Hearing others’ experiences, and being heard, lets you know you’re not alone and you can walk away from each call with real solutions.
2) Get professional, targeted guidance from Loren Gelberg-Goff is not only an author, but the national leading caregiving expert. Learn how to communicate effectively and let go of overwhelm and guilt. You will gain a full understanding of specific communication designed for caregivers to be more effective with your loved one than what you’ve been doing up until now.
3) A step by step guide to handling your role as a caregiver. Master these steps with ease and discover new approaches and exactly how you can use them successfully in your life.
These benefits plus helpful handouts, tip sheets, scripts and worksheets, set you up for success to get you on the road to clear goal-setting, and targeted feedback to greatly enhance your results.
Guilt implies that you have done something wrong. Guilt can be helpful, but it can also be very destructive, and lead to shame. In this week’s lesson, you’ll learn to work through guilt feelings, act and provide care with healthy compassion for both yourself and your loved one.
A boundary is anything that marks a limit, and psychological boundaries define personal dignity. Learn that in spite of stresses, pressures, demands and needs, you can create and maintain boundaries that are loving and respectful to yourself and actually help to improve your relationship with those you love.
Anger is a double-edged sword. When we lash out in anger, then the world lashes back with that same anger causing pain and grief that still has to get resolved. This lesson is all about how to extinguish your resentment and anger in a healthier way. In fact, it’s about learning to appreciate anger as your friend.
When feeling lost in the fog of guilt and obligation, emotional blackmail takes hold. Feeling bound by others’ manipulations we lose sight of a clear focus and direction for ourselves and our lives. Emotional blackmail adds to your feelings of anger and resentment which negatively impacts loving care. You can learn to step out of the fog of emotional blackmail and provide compassionate care which will improve your loved one’s life as well as your own!
If you believe that self-compassion and self-care are signs you are being selfish, then this lesson is designed just for you. You can learn that they are really self-preservation. This lesson puts into real life terms the life-saving message that airlines teach about placing the oxygen mask over your face first when traveling with a dependent.
Family relationships are fraught with emotional challenges through our lives. When being a caregiver to our loved ones can be filled with mixed feelings. Whether you or your loved one holds hurt, grudges, frustrations or upsets, we need to find new ways to heal so that you can continue to provide healthy and compassionate. Learn through this lesson what forgiveness really is, and what it isn’t. Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself, and this is where the gift begins.
1. How Do I Access This Group?
There are two ways:
1. First, join us each week and attend each class LIVE. Links to join the class will be emailed to you day of class and 1 hour before class begins. Attending LIVE gives you the opportunity to interact and get answers to all of your caregiving questions. 2. The second way is through your 24/7 anytime access. Each class will be recorded and emailed to you ready for replay within 24 hours of the LIVE class. Replay from anywhere, anytime, on your schedule.
2. What If I Can't Join The Group LIVE?
Not to worry, every class is recorded and available to you within 24 hours after the replay. You will have 24/7 anytime access so that you can work it comfortably into your schedule.
3. How Is This Different From Other Caregiving Support Groups?
Here’s how it works…
This is not a peer led support group. This is a professionally moderated group that provides guidance, support, and encouragement to make the changes needed to take back your life as a caregiver.
It’s one thing to share your challenges, but it's another to gain actionable steps to understand how to navigate your caregiver role.
This is a goal driven group. We are creating specific outcomes such as how to effectively handle tough conversations, how to make yourself a priority, and ways to shift your perspective dealing with painful situations. This gives you, the caregiver, the confidence you need in order to make these critical empowering changes so you can truly get back your life.
4. What Can I Expect From This Course?
As a Member, here is what you can expect:
Your success is measured by your commitment. If you attend the calls, ask questions, and implement, you will shift your confidence level, and know exactly how to navigate your caregiving role with ease.
5. How Can I Afford To Join This Group?
Caregivers in the past have invested over $2,000 out of pocket to be part of this group.
The good news for you is Medicare and most out of network insurance benefits will cover your costs. Once you enroll, we take care of all of the insurance submissions.
And all you need to do is show up and implement the steps to take back your life as a caregiver.
"I participated in your Take Back Your Life CareGiver Group, and for the first time in my life, I can honestly say I ‘get it.’ I learned so much and feel like I can finally let go of the pain I have been carrying towards my family. Never have I felt so alive and aware. You are the best, I cannot thank you enough for helping me to take back my life."
“All someone needs to do, if they’re looking for relief from the stress and struggle and emotional upheavals of being a caregiver, is listen to ONE of these calls – they’ll be immediately hooked!”
“I already participate in this group. I’m only upset that I didn’t discover the Take Back Your Life Caregiver Group 2 years ago when I became a full time caregiver for my mother. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Thank you…”
“I am in awe that in just 6 weeks (less actually) I have felt so many changes. I didn’t believe it was possible for me to make changes, and I am amazed and truly indebted to this group and to how much I’ve learned and grown. Thank you!”
“I would stay in this group forever because I keep learning new things and hearing the information with new awareness.”